Wednesday, July 5, 2017

An end and a beginning...

I'm sorry to say that this is the last post on this site. Many of you already know that I am leaving Falmouth Elementary School to become the new school librarian at Falmouth Middle School beginning in August. It's been an amazing nine years at FES. During that time I worked with Mrs. C. (Louise Capizzo) to create Falmouth's first Mock Newbery Book Club. The project began as a partnership between the public library and school library, and it was an exciting way to celebrate Mrs. C's position on the 2011 Newbery Award committee. I am pleased that the book club thrived for seven years. We were even featured in an article in Publisher's Weekly.

Due to my change in jobs and my work with the 2018 Newbery committee, I will no longer run the FES Mock Newbery Book Club. I plan to coordinate book clubs and a book review club at Falmouth Middle School. Mrs. McInerney has been hired as the new FES school librarian. Look for information from Mrs. McInerney in September about book clubs at FES.

If teachers or librarians would like to learn about facilitating a Mock Newbery or Mock Caldecott program in your school or library, feel free to contact me via Twitter (@cppotter) or email cpotter@falmouthschools.org.

Happy Reading,

Mrs. Potter

The first Falmouth Mock Newbery Book Club in 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment